> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Breaking my own Stay away order

Breaking my own Stay away order

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 18th, 2017 on Family Law - New York
More details to this question:
I have a friend that filed a oop. Judge granted temp order. Guy was never served so never showedup @ court. Court date 2 cme and my friend forgot about it. Well In the meantime she ran into her abuser at a local restaurant and wanted to give him a second chance so invited him back to her house to stay with her. She now calls me in tears cuz she dont want to get into trouble but yet shes expecting and is unsure where to turn next or what to do. Im scared cuz i dont want her to go to jail but yet i want him out of her life for her, her childrens and her unborn babys sake. She is expected the guys child. What can I do to help or what can she do?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 19th, 2017 at 5:52 AM
  1. If the court did not dismiss the action for her failure to appear in court, your friend can file a stipulation to vacate the OP with the court. But she shouldn't do this lightly if there's been chronic abuse just because she's pregnant. Her abuser needs anger management counseling.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

140 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Barclay Law LLC

Birmingham, AL

| Contact Now

Helfand & Associates

Whippany, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums