> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Can I get visitation with my nephew?

Can I get visitation with my nephew?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 18th, 2013 on Family Law - Tennessee
More details to this question:
My brother was murdered 3-22-2012 by his girlfriends uncle. I have a four year old nephew that I would like to get visitation with. The mother always comes up with excuses at the last minute when I try to see him. I have children and they have always been close with my nephew and he deserves to be a part of our family also.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Licenced in NY
Answered on Feb 18th, 2013 at 3:33 PM

The courts have repeatedly ruled that a parent has the final power who her child visits, excluding, possibly, grandparents. You do not have the right to request visitation.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

135 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Alexander Joseph Segal, Esq.

Attorney - New York

128 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

122 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

72 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Alan Lee, Esq.

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

50 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Burrow Lee, PLLC

Nashville, TN

| Contact Now


Denver, CO

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums