Can I see my siblings?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 10th, 2017 on Family Law - Nevada
More details to this question:
I am a minor, 17 years of age. My two half brothers live with my step mom. She hasn't responded to my massages and wont talk to me at all. She hasn't said I could see them but I believe that is so. Can I see them or call them? They I think are 5-3? I haven't seen them in forever.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 13th, 2017 at 7:33 AM

There is obviously a much more extensive background of facts that probably would provide the answer to your questions.  As a basic matter, there is no specific "right" of one half-sibling to contact with another; that said, the custody laws of Nevada include in the list of things a court should always try to consider: "The ability of the child to maintain a relationship with any sibling."

Without knowing the complete set-up -- who lives with whom, why, when, where, pursuant to what court orders, etc. -- it is not possible to provide a more legally insightful answer.  If you want contact and it is not prohibited by a couirt order, attempt to initiate it.  If it is denied or frustrated, speak with one of your parents as to why -- and if possible have them, or you yourself, discuss the entire situation with a trained family law specialist who can analyze the situation and provide you whatever options might exist.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

335 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

105 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums