> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Adoptions > Can mt husband and i take care of his baby brother, if his mother doesnt want the child

Can mt husband and i take care of his baby brother, if his mother doesnt want the child

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 21st, 2017 on Adoptions - Texas
More details to this question:
My husbands mother is pregnant and isn't taking care of herself. She's not eating or gaining weight. We have reason to believe she doesn't want her child and my husband and I would love to care for him, but we do not know how to go about that. We don't necessarily have the money to be spending on lawyers and everything of that nature, so is there anyway we can just take care of the baby if she doesn't want him?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 22nd, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Of course, you can take care of the child. Follow this link to find a form for a non-parent relative to care for a minor child:

If the mother agrees, then she can execute that form so that you and your husband can show the doctors, child care providers, etc. that you have permission to care for the child and sign documents for the child.

--- The Overstreet Law Firm 2100 N. Main, Suite 228 Fort Worth, TX 76164 Practicing in DFW & Houston Area Phone: 817-810-9747 Email:

Report Abuse
Adopting a child is a legally complex process, with many variables depending on whether you're pursuing an international adoption, private adoption or agency adoption; are adopting a child from foster care; adopting a stepchild; or adopting a child born to a surrogate. At the same time, birth parents have their own sets of needs, rights and wishes that should be respected and honored. Laws also vary from state to state, so your experience with adoption may be different from the experiences of friends and family. Even if you are pursuing an open adoption, the adoptive parents should be represented by one adoption attorney and the birth parents by another adoption lawyer. Experienced adoptions law attorneys can help make the process move as smoothly as possible, while protecting your rights as either birth parents or adoptive parents.
Have an Adoptions Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

337 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

246 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

166 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

132 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

121 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

105 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Adoptions Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Rouse & Rouse, P.S.C.

Walton, KY

| Contact Now

Arshad, Pangere & Warring, LLP

Merrillville, IN

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums