Child Visit

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 20th, 2013 on Child Custody - Texas
More details to this question:
I used marijuana 3 times last year ( last time was about a month ago) but never around my child. My girlfriend is threatening to tell the judge about my use if I request overnight visitation once we split. Will i lose overnight visits b/c of this?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Mr. Lowell Garth 'Garth' White at Law Offices of L. Garth White, P.C.
Licenced in TX
Answered on Jan 21st, 2013 at 6:57 PM

No not necessarily. The court could place a restriction on you not to use any drugs during any periods of you possession of the child, and so forth. Also, do you have any DUI arrests? Or do you ever drive with the child after smoking ,etc.? So, what she is stating is not automatic. Don't let her scare you. This is typical behavior.

Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

149 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

124 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

93 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

91 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Child Custody Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Swick Law Office

Phillipsburg, NJ

| Contact Now

Crow & Associates

Leavenworth, KS

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums