> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Consequences for not obeying visitation court order?

Consequences for not obeying visitation court order?

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 28th, 2012 on Family Law - California
More details to this question:
the mother did not let us bring my step son because he had an appt scheduled in our visitation period
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 31st, 2012 at 9:45 AM

If your court ordered visitation schedule is clear this sort of behavior may be a contempt of court.  If this is a regular occurrence you should go to mediation and work out a new order to avoid it.  Did you offer to take him to his appointment? Peace between parents gets the best results.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

792 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

174 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

134 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

96 Answers, 16 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

74 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

David B. Karp

Attorney - Wisconsin

62 Answers, 10 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Shimanovsky & Moscardini, LLP

Chicago, IL

| Contact Now

Hunter Law Firm

Williamsburg, VA

| Contact Now

Pollak & Slepian, L.L.P.

Bayside, NY

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums