> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Divorce > How do I Divorce my husband he got deport back to Trinidad

How do I Divorce my husband he got deport back to Trinidad

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 07th, 2017 on Divorce - New York
More details to this question:
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 10th, 2017 at 7:30 AM

As long as you were married in New York and at least one of you was  living in New York for at least a year prior to the divorce, and you can find a process server or adult person to personally serve the divorce papers on your husband in Trinidad, the divorce will proceed the same as any other divorce. If you can get your husband to consent to the divorce and voluntarily sign the necessary paperwork that's always easiest. 

Report Abuse
Ending a marriage is more than just an emotional process--it's also a legal process. The court must approve your "dissolution of marriage" petition, and will also rule on issues related to the division of property, alimony (also known as spousal support or maintenance), child custody and child support. A divorce or family law attorney can help guide you through the divorce process, while also negotiating with your soon-to-be ex-spouse and his or her divorce lawyer. It's important to note that ethics laws prohibit the same law firm or attorney from representing both spouses in a divorce. Even if your divorce is an amicable one, it's critical to have your own legal representation to ensure that you're treated fairly at all stages of the divorce proceeding.
Have an Divorce Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

140 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Divorce Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas

Canton, OH

| Contact Now

Plog & Stein, P.C.

Greenwood Village, CO

| Contact Now

Jack Boos, P.C.

Peoria, IL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums