> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Support > How do I find out if there was ever a child support order on my behalf

How do I find out if there was ever a child support order on my behalf

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 11th, 2017 on Child Support - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
My mother said there was an support order but father never paid support. How do I find that out?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:38 AM

are you old enough to go to the county courthouse and look up records?  if you are, then go to the courthouse in your county, and from there, go to the department where they keep the child support records  In PA that's usually the Prothonetary or Department of Court Records.  Tell them both of your parents names, and ask for their assistance to see if there is any child support order on record.

good luck!

Report Abuse
Child Support
Whether you are creating a new child support agreement or need help enforcing an existing order, you should have the assistance of a knowledgeable child support attorney. Your lawyer will help ensure your initial support order is equitable and adequately covers your child or children's financial needs, including housing, food, school, clothing, medical expenses and other related costs. Once a child support order has been established, you may periodically have to return to court. Child support law firms can help address issues and challenges that arise, such as delinquent child support payments or modification requests.
Have an Child Support Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

335 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

105 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums