> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > How do I go about stopping cps from taking my wife and I parental rights away and doing illegal things when removing our kids from our home?

How do I go about stopping cps from taking my wife and I parental rights away and doing illegal things when removing our kids from our home?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 26th, 2017 on Family Law - New York
More details to this question:
We are a low income married couple but feel from the start of our cps case they have violated are parental rights and the welfare of our children. They have been removed from our home almost 17 months ago and we have followed our court menu and they refused unsupervised time with our children amongst many other things. We want our kids back with us and at this point cps is trying to terminate our parental rights. We have had baker victory services appointed to us but the lady there has been falsifying documents and statements which has caused more problems. We're trying to learn our rights and what we can do and how we can get our kids back asap
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:15 AM

There is no simple answer to this question and you definitely need a lawyer. There have been cases where over-zealous cps agencies removed children from otherwise decent but low-income parents, and attempted to terminate their parental rights, only to have the parents eventually win. Every case is individual and no lawyer can give an opinion on your chances of doing that without reviewing the particular facts of your case.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums