> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Custody > How do I keep custody of my son? How do I get my boyfriend to leave us the apartment?

How do I keep custody of my son? How do I get my boyfriend to leave us the apartment?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 27th, 2013 on Child Custody - New York
More details to this question:
I am considering on leaving my boyfriend of 6 1/2 years, but I know that that will not happen without great difficulty. How can I maintain custody of our 3 year old and remain in our apartment? My son's father does travel a lot and I don't think he would be capable of having full custody of our son. What are my legal rights as his mother?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 29th, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You need to go to Family Court and petition for sole custody of your child.   Is the apartment your boyfriend's?  Yours?   Both?  If it's both, then the court will permit you to stay with the child if you have custody.   If the apartment is your boyfriend's, that may create other issues that the Family Court won't be able to resolve.  You should also petition for child support at the time you are petitioning for custody so that you will have money to raise your son.

Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

214 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

162 Answers, 28 Legal Topics

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

158 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

116 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

105 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

David B. Karp

Attorney - Wisconsin

64 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Renea Overstreet

Attorney - Texas

58 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Child Custody Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
William W. Matz, Jr.

Bethlehem, PA

| Contact Now

Cairns Law Offices

Philadelphia, PA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums