> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > How do I start the emancipation process?

How do I start the emancipation process?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 16th, 2016 on Family Law - Illinois
More details to this question:
Do I schedule an appointment for court? If so, how?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:22 AM

This is a matter for Court, but the process varies in each County.  There are certain findings that need to be made.  These may be contained in County forms.  The suggestion is to either contact an agency, if there is one in your County, or an attorney to lead the way through this process to insure it is done both quickly and correctly.  If you need an attorney, one may be obtained via the County Bar local referral program.  You can start there or, maybe, the County Clerk can give you the needed forms or they may be obtained from the County Law Libary. 

Since this is a process that carries certain risks and responsibilities, it may be wise to get some counsel before proceeding to Court.  This is another reason to seek out an expert.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

370 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

231 Answers, 40 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

212 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

157 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

121 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

118 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Hennessey & Bienstock LLP

White Plains, NY

| Contact Now

Law Offices of Judith R. Forman, P.C.

Los Angeles, CA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums