> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > i currently have joint physical/legal custody. Can I lose it if 15 year old child no longer wants to visit?

i currently have joint physical/legal custody. Can I lose it if 15 year old child no longer wants to visit?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 20th, 2017 on Family Law - Michigan
More details to this question:
Had a long hard custody battle settled in 2010. Mom has a history of brain washing. had a few run ins with cps which were dropped due to no evidence. Mom is convincing child to no longer want to visit. Will this cause me to lose my joint physical and legal custody?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:46 AM

While you are unlikely to lose technical legal or physical custody, when kids hit that age, they can effectively kill any real parenting time you have if they really want to. From this point on, the child will probably be the driving force as a practical matter. Just do what you can to retain a good relationship. Good Luck.

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Phillip Gainsley

Minneapolis, MN

| Contact Now

Tabat, Cohen, Blum & Yovino, PC

Hauppauge, NY

| Contact Now

Stange Law Firm, PC

Columbia, MO

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums