> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Custody > i have a child where there has not been a court appointed dna test but her cousin/grandmother is trying to take her away

i have a child where there has not been a court appointed dna test but her cousin/grandmother is trying to take her away

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 19th, 2017 on Child Custody - Arkansas
More details to this question:
she also has lied on all of the petition
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:18 AM

You must assert your rights when it comes to children and most other legal issues. You need to respond to the petition and have a dna test of you and the child during the course of the proceeding. No action on your part may cause you to forfeit your parental rights. 

You did not say whether there is a petition for guardianship or adoption. Either way, you msut respond. I suggest you seek the help of a lawyer.

Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

352 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

250 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

191 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

149 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

79 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Child Custody Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Ronald M. Naditch, P.A.

Annapolis, MD

| Contact Now

Law Offices of Donald J. Arnold

Bel Air, MD

| Contact Now

Amanda R. Everett, P.C.

Oklahoma City, OK

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums