> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Custody > I have a restraining order on my exhusband and due to mental illness at the time of our divorce I allowed him to have full custody.

I have a restraining order on my exhusband and due to mental illness at the time of our divorce I allowed him to have full custody.

1 Answers. Asked on May 18th, 2017 on Child Custody - Utah
More details to this question:
I want to file for joint custody now but I want to know if there is anything that could prevent me from getting joint custody or if he could fight it.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 19th, 2017 at 7:38 AM

A lot depends on what proof you have of your facts, and how long it has been since the original order was entered. You may be able to file to modify the orders, and seek joint custody, but your ex could fight. But whether he might fight or not should not be any reason for you to NOT seek your full custodial rights.

Your situation involves major factual and procedural issues. These are issues that we can discuss.

If you are interested in pursuing the matter further, I off an initial 1/4 hour consultation without charge, and a 1/2 hour consultation for $50. If you want to set an appointment for the initial consultation, feel free to telephone, or email, my office; if you are outside of the Salt Lake area, we can handle all of this by phone.

Don't wait any longer, give a call and let's getting working to protect your children.

David R. Hartwig


Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

337 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

246 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

166 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

132 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

121 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

105 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Child Custody Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Lynch Gallagher

Mount Pleasant, MI

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums