> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > I need legal advice from a defense attorney.

I need legal advice from a defense attorney.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 20th, 2017 on Family Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Somebody made an anonymous phone call to dyfis and I have no idea who it is and neither does dyfis. My case is currently open and I don't believe that somebody would actually try and do that to somebody but I am a very good mature mother that is currently raising a two-year-old son and is a stay-at-home mother as well. I really need advice on what to do because I really don't know what my rights are as far as when somebody calls anonymously. Thank you
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:27 PM

I handle cases on behalf of parents dealing with the Division of Child Protection and Permanency as DYFS is now called. However, the names of referrals are confidential, so unless you have a very good basis to suspect a particular individual and some kind of proof to substantiate it, you are not likely to find out who the complainant is. The child abuse hotline does not disclose it and neither will DCPP, although sometimes one can figure out that the allegations came from some specific individual. If you need assistance dealing with the Division itself, I do take some cases in northern NJ.

Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

354 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

115 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

82 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

71 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums