> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Support > Is it normal after a mutual agreement between two parties, to have the judge have a final hearing instead of just signing the agreement?

Is it normal after a mutual agreement between two parties, to have the judge have a final hearing instead of just signing the agreement?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 18th, 2017 on Child Support - Florida
More details to this question:
Also, does the judge look at both parties financial affidavit before agreeing to sign the mutual agreement (not done by mediation)?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 19th, 2017 at 7:24 PM

   If your agreement involves a divorce, then yes, the Court must have a final hearing where the Petitioner, or the Respondent, if a counterpetition was filed, testifies.  It is brief, but necessary.

   If your agreement was for paternity, then it depends on the judge.  Most do require a hearing, but it is more ministerial than anything   else.  A judge does have the financial affidavits available to review and he/she may require child support guidelines as well, if children are involved.  However, the court may just ask if the child support (if applicable) complies with guidelines.  Again, it depends on the judge.

  If no children are involved, then the judge won't be as concerned about what the affidavits say.

   Glad you were able to amicably resolve everything



Cindy Vova

Law Office of Cindy S. Vova

Broward: 954-316-3496/Boca Raton: 561-962-2785


Report Abuse
Child Support
Whether you are creating a new child support agreement or need help enforcing an existing order, you should have the assistance of a knowledgeable child support attorney. Your lawyer will help ensure your initial support order is equitable and adequately covers your child or children's financial needs, including housing, food, school, clothing, medical expenses and other related costs. Once a child support order has been established, you may periodically have to return to court. Child support law firms can help address issues and challenges that arise, such as delinquent child support payments or modification requests.
Have an Child Support Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

145 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

87 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Child Support Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums