> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Is there a certain time frame before an order is filed that I can retrsct what i signed?

Is there a certain time frame before an order is filed that I can retrsct what i signed?

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 06th, 2016 on Family Law - Iowa
More details to this question:
My daughters father had his lawyer draw up a custody order and I did sign it, but im regretting my decision and it hasnt been filed with the courts yet. Is there a way I can stop it from proceeding and if so, how? Also do these documents need to be notarized in the presence of a notary? When i was told to sign it was at my daughters fathers house with no third party present and no notary. Where do I start?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 19th, 2016 at 6:32 AM

Write to the attorney immediately and tell him you do not agree to the terms.  You should check with an attorney as soon as possible.  Most offer no/low cost consultation to start.  



Telephone 515.245.4300 | Fax 515.245.4452 




500 East Court Avenue Suite 200 | P.O. Box 10434   

Des Moines, Iowa 50306 | 


Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

145 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

87 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums