> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Support > My 1 yr old's father and I are not together & I receive medicaid through utah, how much of child support will go back to state & how much will I get?

My 1 yr old's father and I are not together & I receive medicaid through utah, how much of child support will go back to state & how much will I get?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 01st, 2017 on Child Support - Utah
More details to this question:
I receive only medical & food stamps for medicaid. No cash, TANF, or anything else. I am currently unemployed & my mom pays my rent. The father is willing to pay for whatever.. Child support obligation is $30 for me, & $300 for him. Q: How much of the support he will pay will to go the state for my public assistance and how much will go to me? We are trying to figure out the best way, & thinking maybe just canceling everything and he pays me directly instead of through child support (and he gets insurance for our daughter). I didn't ask for child support cuz we were gonna figure out ourselves but Medicaid made me file for it. Also, Can i opt out and let them know he will pay me?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 02nd, 2017 at 9:01 AM

From what you say, the best thing to do is file a paternity action to determine custody, parent-time, support obligations, and insurance coverage. Once you start that, and if the father gets insurance in place, you can end the State's involvement.

If you want more details, go to

David R. Hartwig


Report Abuse
Child Support
Whether you are creating a new child support agreement or need help enforcing an existing order, you should have the assistance of a knowledgeable child support attorney. Your lawyer will help ensure your initial support order is equitable and adequately covers your child or children's financial needs, including housing, food, school, clothing, medical expenses and other related costs. Once a child support order has been established, you may periodically have to return to court. Child support law firms can help address issues and challenges that arise, such as delinquent child support payments or modification requests.
Have an Child Support Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

335 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

105 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums