> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > My husband just died. Can his son get money from me?

My husband just died. Can his son get money from me?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 22nd, 2016 on Family Law - California
More details to this question:
1. Our divorce case was in process before he died. His son from previous marriage is his guardian in this case. After both attorney mediation, I had verbally agreed to pay him certain amount cash. Does the case over? Can I stop to pay his son? My attorney was not sure. 2.My husband voluntary signed every Interspouse Transfer Grant Deeds when we purchased houses during our marriage. Can his son open a probation estate suit? 3. His son may want to sue me on behalf of estate. He lives at a different county from me. Can he sue me at his county, or he must do it at my county where all houses located, and where my husband and I lived? 4. what kinds of risk I will have?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 09th, 2016 at 10:59 AM

If a spouse dies during a divorce, the divorce becomes a nullity, didn't happen.  You need to consult with your attorney to answer the questions you posed; they are good questions, deserve an answer.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

354 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

115 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

82 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

71 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums