> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Naturalized US citizen want to sponsor wife

Naturalized US citizen want to sponsor wife

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 24th, 2017 on Family Law - California
More details to this question:
I just became a US Citizen last month and I want to sponsor my wife. She came legally with a visa but already expired. Is it ok to apply for her green card without her getting punished? and how long I have to wait to sponsor her?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 25th, 2017 at 7:15 AM

Yes, as an US citizen you are eligible to sponser your wife for a green card. Since your wife entered into the US legally, she is allowed to adjust her status while present in the US. You should contact a lawyer to discuss your case in detail.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

354 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

115 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

82 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

71 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums