> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > owing money when you die

owing money when you die

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 06th, 2017 on Family Law - Michigan
More details to this question:
my sister died oweing me some money and she had no will and she wasnt married and she said she was leaving her estate to her live in boy friend for 20 years and she has two kids so i was wondering if i could get my money back cause me and my mom are the only ones that know she owed me the money her estate was worth about 100.000 and do you charge by the hour or the case
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 08th, 2017 at 5:57 AM

If she had no will and her money went to her live in boyfriend, it must have been in a jointly titled account of some sort, and that leaves you pretty much without a remedy, I am afraid. Depending upon the amount involved and the specifics of her account (like, was all of the money in the account put there by her as opposed to the boyfriend), you MIGHT have a case, but it sounds like a long shot to me. I charge by the hour.

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Price Law Firm, PLLC

Fayetteville, AR

| Contact Now

Macht, Brenizer & Gingold, P.C.

Syracuse, NY

| Contact Now

Cassandra T. Savoy, PC

Bloomfield, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums