> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Divorce > pro bono divorce lawyer

pro bono divorce lawyer

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 30th, 2013 on Divorce - New Jersey
More details to this question:
I am going thru a very difficult divorce and can not afford a lawyer, are there any pro bono lawyers available? I am in south jersey. 
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 30th, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Unfortunately there is no pro bono legal help available for people going through a divorce.  There is information available at the New Jersey State Judiciary website.   you can find the forms and instructions on line to help you with your divorce. 

Report Abuse
Ending a marriage is more than just an emotional process--it's also a legal process. The court must approve your "dissolution of marriage" petition, and will also rule on issues related to the division of property, alimony (also known as spousal support or maintenance), child custody and child support. A divorce or family law attorney can help guide you through the divorce process, while also negotiating with your soon-to-be ex-spouse and his or her divorce lawyer. It's important to note that ethics laws prohibit the same law firm or attorney from representing both spouses in a divorce. Even if your divorce is an amicable one, it's critical to have your own legal representation to ensure that you're treated fairly at all stages of the divorce proceeding.
Have an Divorce Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

159 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

133 Answers, 28 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

127 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

92 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

84 Answers, 29 Legal Topics

David B. Karp

Attorney - Wisconsin

47 Answers, 10 Legal Topics

Alan Lee, Esq.

Attorney - New York

43 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Divorce Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Cravens & Noll, P.C.

Richmond, VA

| Contact Now

Raleigh Divorce Law Firm

Raleigh, NC

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums