> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Rights of a life long parter?

Rights of a life long parter?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 17th, 2017 on Family Law - Michigan
More details to this question:
My brother passed away last March. Sue his partner for 37years is beneficiaries on there house on 10 acres, there cottage on white lake , savings accounts ,there 401k investment accounts and more. Here is her problem. My brother had a brockarge account of240,000 dollars just under his name he forgot to add Sue to it .That money is in Propate now and my sister got a lawyer and she thinks she is entitled to half of it.l feel she no right to any of it. I am the legal representative for my brothers estate. Please help, Thanks Dave
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 18th, 2017 at 7:26 AM

If he left no will, your sister is correct. Sorry

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums