See below.

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 24th, 2017 on Family Law - Michigan
More details to this question:
Question:I have a brother who is a real estate agent and he is also the executor of our family trust. He arbitrarily purchased several properties as trustee and then sold some of the properties while taking commissions on both the acquisitions and dispositions (about $230K). He recently sold one of the properties appraised at $149K for $50K gross. On the settlement statement, it shows that he took a $4K commission along with $9,7K (for taxes - 2014,15&16) that he said he paid out of pocket since the trust ran out of money. My siblings and I are deeply concerned; we feel so cheated out of the monies that my father set aside for us. We need to know if any of my brother's actions are illegal so we can proceed accordingly. Please advise. Many thanks!
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Yes, it is improper. Go to a good local lawyer right away. Good Luck

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums