> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > what are the laws relation to family members wanting to put parent in nursing home and the parent says she is not going?

what are the laws relation to family members wanting to put parent in nursing home and the parent says she is not going?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 15th, 2017 on Family Law - Iowa
More details to this question:
parent has onset of altheimers and family wants her in nursing home. She lives in own home and has home health coming in every day. She does have memory loss but cares for herself personally, can walk fine and still has her mind on some things. Can they make her go if she doesn't want to.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:29 AM

You would need to go to court to seek to create a guardianship to be able to have control over the parent's living situation.  The judge would need to determine whether a guardianship is appropriate (that is, whether your parent is able to make decisions on his/her own).  


Donna Miller

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

145 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

87 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Richardson, Richardson & Campbell

Parkersburg, WV

| Contact Now

Jeffrey A. Vogelman & Associates

Alexandria, VA

| Contact Now

Simons Law Firm PLC

West Des Moines, IA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums