> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Divorce > What can i do if. He admits. He. Has. Cheated but wont admit it in court?

What can i do if. He admits. He. Has. Cheated but wont admit it in court?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 20th, 2017 on Divorce - Arkansas
More details to this question:
My husband has been cheating and i only recently found out but the only thing i have is what he told me. He said he wont admit to it in court.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 20th, 2017 at 7:34 AM

You have your own testimony. A judge will determine which of  you is truthful. Besides that, there are several grounds upon which a divorce can be granted. If you have decided upon a diovorce, you will likely be able to support one or more of them with your  testimony and anyone who is familiar with your circumstances. You do no have to have direct evidence, i.e., photos, recordings, etc. 

Report Abuse
Ending a marriage is more than just an emotional process--it's also a legal process. The court must approve your "dissolution of marriage" petition, and will also rule on issues related to the division of property, alimony (also known as spousal support or maintenance), child custody and child support. A divorce or family law attorney can help guide you through the divorce process, while also negotiating with your soon-to-be ex-spouse and his or her divorce lawyer. It's important to note that ethics laws prohibit the same law firm or attorney from representing both spouses in a divorce. Even if your divorce is an amicable one, it's critical to have your own legal representation to ensure that you're treated fairly at all stages of the divorce proceeding.
Have an Divorce Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Divorce Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Salinas Law Firm

Houston, TX

| Contact Now

Kaplovitz and Associates, PC

Pontiac, MI

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums