> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Custody > Where do I file for physical custody?

Where do I file for physical custody?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 20th, 2017 on Child Custody - Utah
More details to this question:
Can I just file for physical custody? My boyfriend and I were never married. We have a 5 month old son. I'm afraid once he starts paying child support he will try and keep our son and file for physical custody.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:01 PM

You need to file a paternity action with the court to determine child support, child custody and visitation, healthcare, day care and the like. These are factual issues that we can discuss. If you are interested in pursuing the matter further, I off an initial 1/4 hour consultation without charge. If you want to set an appointment for the initial consultation, feel free to telephone, or email, my office.

David R. Hartwig


Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

370 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

231 Answers, 40 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

212 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

157 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

121 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

118 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Child Custody Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Julie M. Hill

Riverside, CA

| Contact Now

O'Dell & O'Neal Attorneys

Marietta, GA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums