> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Child Custody > Will my daughter be arrested if she leaves PA with her 15 mo son?

Will my daughter be arrested if she leaves PA with her 15 mo son?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 20th, 2017 on Child Custody - New Hampshire
More details to this question:
my daughter is unwed and lives with the babies father in PA. She moved to PA at 6 months pregnant. Things are not going well due to alcohol abuse. She wants to return to NH but he is stating he will have her arrested. He did sign the birth certificate. They live with his parents right now. I have a flight for her to return home this weekend. Will she be arrested?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 21st, 2017 at 5:05 AM

If your daughter wants to take the baby, she needs to speak with a lawyer in PA.  NH law would only take emergency jurisdiction and would likely send the case based to PA.  Best wishes.

Report Abuse
Child Custody
Your children are precious, and issues of child custody shouldn't be treated casually. Even the most amicable splits and custody agreements should be negotiated with the assistance of child custody attorneys and approved by the courts. Once a judge has approved the agreement, changes in custody or visitation, as well as enforcement of child custody agreements, should be handled with the assistance of your lawyer. Child custody law firms can also work with grandparents and other parties other than parents who are seeking custody of a child.
Have an Child Custody Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

335 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

105 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums