Child Custody and Visitation

Send your case to Lawyers Serving Your Area:

City, State or Zip Code is required.

Deciding Who Gets Custody of Childr...

All state courts decide custody based on the best interests of the children. Judges are supposed to make decisions based on this alone, but it is not that sim...Read more

Post-Divorce Rights of Grandparents...

Grandparents and stepparents can grow very close to the children in their lives. When this relationship is disrupted by divorce or other separations, all part...Read more

The Custodial Parent Wants to Reloc...

When a divorced or separated parent who has custody of the children wants to relocate, it's usually hard on everyone involved. If the court allows the move an...Read more

Child Custody and Visitation

Child Custody and Visitation

The Legal Rights and Responsibilities of a Parent

As a parent, you are used to making decisions for your minor child and taking care of your minor child. As long as all goes well, you probably don't think much about your legal rights and responsibili ... Read more

How Can I Enforce Visitation Rights

In a divorce, one parent is usually granted custody of the children and the other parent is granted visitation rights in order to spend time with the children. Visitation rights have the force ... Read more

How Can I Get Custody of My Children

When a family breaks apart, one important decision is who gets custody of any children. Usually, a parenting agreement is reached with the assistance of an attorney or a mediator. When the parents can ... Read more

Children Have Legal Rights

In most states, for legal purposes, a child is a person under the age of 18. A few states set the age of majority at 17 or 19. Children who are living with their parents have the right to receive basi ... Read more

When Parents Are Unmarried

In many states, the biological fathers of children born to unmarried parents have few or no rights unless they take legal steps to ask for them. The law usually assumes that a man is a child's father ... Read more

Additional Child Custody and Visitation Topics

Additional Child Custody and Visitation Topics