Child Support

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Child Support Case From a Local Attorney

If a non-custodial parent owes you money for child support, both the federal government and your state government are on your side. In most cases, you ... read more
Recent Articles
Divorce Calculating Child Support FAQ
Can the court add the money that I receive from a trust to my regular income in calculating the child support that I pay? I receive some money from my brother's rental property. Can the money that I get from my brother's property be used in calculating my support obligations arising out of the divorce? ... Read more

Divorce Establishing Child Support FAQ
A woman is claiming I'm the father of her child. She says she won't seek support if I pay her a lump sum. Will this work? Am I obligated, through the court, to continue to pay support for my disabled daughter after she turns 18? Can the court require me to pay my son's college tuition and expenses in ... Read more

Divorce Modifying Child Support FAQs
At the time of my divorce I was unemployed. I'll be starting college soon. Will student loans be considered "income?" Both my ex and I have moved from the state where we got divorced. He's making more money now and I need more support. Where do I file? Can I get an increase in my child's support order ... Read more

Divorce Paying and Collecting Child Support FAQ
Can I terminate my ex-spouse's visitation if he or she doesn't pay child support? How can I collect overdue support? I haven't seen my ex in 15 years and I have some support judgments against him. I recently found him in another state. Can I collect these judgments from him? I've heard that I can get ... Read more

Divorce Procedures in Wisconsin
When you get a divorce, you legally separate your life from your spouse's. This process can be lengthy and get quite messy, especially if you disagree on terms. Wisconsin has certain rules you must follow to ensure both parties in a divorce are treated fairly. Divorcing Without an Attorney While it is ... Read more

State *
* State is Required.

Child Support Law Firms in Ashburn, VA  change location

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Child Support Questions

Filter by

It depends on why the child is not living with the other parent.  If the child is away it school, then continued child support may be allowed.  If the child is moved out and supporting his/h ...Read more

The person paying child support needs to file a motion to modify child support. The court will recalculate child support based on the parents' current income.

If you were on assisatnce, the support payments goes to the state. If you are not on assistance, the support payments would be rightfully yours.

See more Child Support Questions

Alimony: Still Necessary In The World Today

If you and your partner have decided to get a divorce, one of the things you may have to discuss is the possibility for alimony or spousal support. This can be a difficult subject, since one party may ... Read more

Divorce Basics - Indiana

Residency Requirements: -At least one spouse must be a bona fide and continuous resident of Indiana for a minimum of 6 months before filing. (Being stationed there for the military counts.) -In ad ... Read more

Is Ted Cruz "Born To Run?" | Callagy Law

Original Post: The Controversy over Ted Cruz’s Eligibility for President and the Vicissitudes of Constitutional Law ... Read more

Notes on November Q&A Between the National Benefits Center and AILA

On November 3, 2015, the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC) conducted a question and answer session with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).[1] In this post, I will briefly look at ... Read more

Attorneys with the Knowledge to Give You Peace of Mind

OurHunt Valley divorce lawyers have handled all aspects of divorce, from the complicated nature of child custody issues to more straight-forward prenuptial agreements that both parties have already ag ... Read more

See more  (1660 Blogs on Child Support)

Need Professional Help?

Get a free Child Support case evaluation by an attorney in your area