You can't just file for divorce anywhere, you'll need to make sure you're filing in the right state, county, and courthouse. Continue reading to learn ... read more
Recent Articles
Ways to Respond to a Divorce Petition
Receiving a divorce petition can be traumatic, especially if you weren’t expecting it. But you have to get past that, because responding to a divorce petition is important if you want to protect your rights. There are a number of ways you can respond, but you have to figure out which one is right for you. ... Read more

Getting Information From Third Parties in Your Divorce
Divorcing spouses have a right to obtain and review divorce-related documents as they prepare to settle or go to trial. In order to achieve a fair settlement ... Read more

Top 10 Tips on Drafing a Divorce Counterclaim
You’ve been served with your spouse’s divorce petition and you’re not sure how to respond. In certain situations, you’ll want to file a counterclaim rather than an answer to the complaint. Below are some tips for drafting your counterclaim. ... Read more

Divorce and Dissolution: What's the Difference?
Learn how divorce may differ from dissolution. ... Read more

Litigated Divorce: Is It the Right Option for Me?
Depending on your relationship with your spouse, a litigated divorce may the right option for you. Learn more about the pros and cons of a litigated divorce. ... Read more

Change Location

Get Started *Please enter a valid location.

Divorce Law Firms in Ashburn, VA 
change location

Swipe to view more

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Divorce Questions

Filter by

You raise an interesting question. Property division issues are "final" when you are divorced. I am not sure in my 34 plus years of practice I have ever had anyone ask to give back property that they ...Read more

There is no legal basis to sue for adultery in the state of Wisconsin. Wisconsin has been a "no fault" divorce state since 1977.

An attorney can file an uncontested divorce action on your behalf, and the laws are the same whether or not you are in the military.  First a separation agreement needs to be negotiated that take ...Read more

See more Divorce Questions


If you are considering filing for divorce, you are most likely not happy in your marriage. It can be easy to blame your spouse and external factors for putting stress on your marriage, but have you co ... Read more


Many Americans unfortunately find themselves facing the prospects of divorce and bankruptcy at the same time. Knowing which to file first can affect your livelihood for better or worse. Filing strateg ... Read more

How are Property & Assets Divided in a New York Divorce case?

New York is an “equitable property” state. This means that any property, asset and/or debt accrued during your marriage is considered marital property, and therefore subject to distributio ... Read more

High-Asset Divorces: There Are Many Factors To Consider

No divorce is fun to go through, and when there are thousands upon thousands of dollars of assets on the line, it can become incredibly difficult to negotiate. If neither side wants to compromise, a h ... Read more


The decision to divorce is best made not in the heat of an argument, but after careful and thorough contemplation. Our family law firm recommends choosing a divorce attorney in the same manner. There& ... Read more

See more  (1307 Blogs on Divorce)

Get Professional Help

Find a Divorce lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys

Talk to a Divorce attorney

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you