Talk to a Local Your Family & the Law Attorney
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
Having a family is a wonderful thing, but keeping things running smoothly and protecting it from future events usually takes some work. Here are some things to keep in mind to help.
- Write or update your will
- Update if you got married, had a baby or bought a house
- Living will
- Check life, property and health insurance coverage
- Getting married?
- Check license requirements
- Talk about prenuptial agreements
- Thinking about a divorce?
- Alimony and child support
- Child visitation and custody
- Property division
- Having a baby?
- Maternity or paternity leave
- Medical and dental check-ups
- Immunizations and records for school
- Check your investments and finances
- Refinance your mortgage?
- Avoid foreclosure
- Track any changes in the legal rights for same-sex partners
- Investigate options for the care of elderly parents or grandparents
- Contact a family law attorney for help with these any other family matter
Knowing about some potential problems beforehand and how to avoid or fix them will make your family life much more enjoyable. It may take some work, but your family’s worth it!