Abandonment in NJ

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 27th, 2013 on Family Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
My husband of 12 years abandoned me 4 weeks ago. He will not give a reason or talk to me. He raised my 2 children as his own for 12 years. They are on his medical insurance and he claims both of them every year on his tax return. I want to know if he has to give me money. I am unemployed.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 04th, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I would need a lot more information in order to give you a fully informed answer to your question.

However, if you are unemployed and your husband now has a job, it is very possible that he would have to give you ongoing financial support.  

I head a law firm that devotes its practice exclusively to New Jersey Divorce and Family Law matters. It's all we do.

Please feel free to take a look at our Firm Website (www.nj-divorce.net), which contains a lot of helpful information.

You really need to take some action as soon as possible.

I would be happy to have a brief telephone call with you, to get more information.  There is no charge for that phone call. My firm’s toll-free telephone number is listed below.

David F. Salvaggio, Esq. (877-355-5281)

SALVAGGIO LAW GROUP LLC (877) 355-5281 www.salvaggiolaw.net This answer is not intended to be legal advice. Please consult an attorney.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

104 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums