> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Am I obligated to pay for his mistake?

Am I obligated to pay for his mistake?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 20th, 2017 on Family Law - New York
More details to this question:
I recently had a new roof put on my house. I entered a contract which was signed and dated for a specific amount to have the work done. After the job was complete, the contractor came to me advising me that I owed him additional money stating that he miscalculated.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:22 PM

Unless the "mistake" in calculation was so large that it couldn't possibly have been intended (an extra "0" on the contract price), or you asked for and received work or material that was not in the contract, you are under no obligation to pay more than the contract price. 

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

324 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

228 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

176 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

63 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums