> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Do I need a lawyer for expulsion hearing for a juvenile

Do I need a lawyer for expulsion hearing for a juvenile

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 08th, 2017 on Family Law - Illinois
More details to this question:
He's 16, never been suspended or in much trouble, much less expulsion! He's a great kid, but made a bad choice posting on instagram a picture of 2 students from school saying,"shooting up Dupo high starter pack" of which one of the kids is and actually was a threat to the school and the other kid has threatened my son with a battery in his hand once in front of a few kids... however I get that it could be bullying... I don't get how my son is making the threats (they say from that meme he made)
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:27 AM

First, your familiarity with school law and your son's school district's policies are not those of an experienced attorney.  Secondly, you may be too close to the situation AND your son may not truly be comfortable with telling you everything involved.  Most importantly, his future is on the line - an explusion from school can be quite damning.

Therefore, the simple answer is YES!

If you do not know who to contact, your local bar association should have a referral system in place.   Get some names and then do some computer review to review their website and "google" the attorney.  This should provide you with a start to make an appointment for you and your son.  Hopefully, you will both feel comforable with the attorney and the resultant strategy.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums