> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Durable Power of Attorney

Durable Power of Attorney

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 13th, 2013 on Family Law - Washington
More details to this question:
My parents have me as the agent in their Durable Power of Attorney. It becomes effective with their Doctors written statement that they are unable to effectively manage their affairs. We are at that time. My question is after I receive the Doctors written statement, what do I do next? Do I have to file something? Will acting as their agent mean I have to send copies of the Power of Attorney and Doctors statement to whom ever I need to do business with? Just wondering how to proceed with the next step.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:28 PM

First of all let me state that this answer in no way establishes a lawyer/client relationship.  If a lawyer drew up the Durable Power of Attorney, I advise seeking his (her) counsel immediately.  If you have no attorney, I would suggest one that deals with Probate, Estate Planning and Elder Law.  I practice both medicine and law in S.C.

Michael G. Sribnick, M.D., J.D., LLC Attorney at Law.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

104 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums