Grandparent rights

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 06th, 2017 on Family Law - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
My son's grandparents have rights (9hours a month) he's 7. The past visit they let him light off fireworks (supervised) but by himself. Is there anyway I can get their rights terminated for not looking out for his best interest while he's there and allowing him to do this.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 07th, 2017 at 5:15 AM

I don't know if one isolated event of the grandparents arguably exercising poor judgment in letting your son play with or light fireworks, is enough that the court would change their visitation schedule or omit it. What type of fireworks were involved? How would you prove it in court? If it is based solely on what your 7 year old told you following the visit, that is objectionable on  evidentiary hearsay grounds in court; you cannot testify in court what your son told you out of court, unless there is an exception to the hearsay rule. I would discuss your concerns politely with the grandparents so you can get their side of the story and you let them know you disapprove of your son at such a young age , handling fireworks. If they continue to disregard your wishes and expose your son to arguably other safety  hazards, it may be time to take this back to court to have your concerns addressed before the court.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums