> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Grandparents Visitiation Rights

Grandparents Visitiation Rights

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 07th, 2017 on Family Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
What are my rights as a grandmother of a deceased son who had two children? Looking to continue to have visitations with them.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 07th, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Generally speaking grandparents have rights through the parent so if your son is no longer alive then you don't necessarily have rights. However, if there has been an ongoing connection between yourself and the two children, particularly if they are attached to you, have had regular contact with you, etc. then you can apply for visitation rights based upon the fact that the children had an attachment to you (or a psychological bond) that is separate from the fact of you being the parent of their father. This is something you need to discuss further with a family law attorney. Also, it depends upon whether the mother is trying to prevent you from being able to see the children. You can always try and reach my office if you wish a consultation at 973-665-6367 if this is in northern New Jersey.

Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

333 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums