> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > How can i get money back my ex-girlfriend took from me?

How can i get money back my ex-girlfriend took from me?

1 Answers. Asked on May 05th, 2017 on Family Law - Nevada
More details to this question:
I was taking care of my girlfriend financially and i have sent her a lot of money, there was also money i loaned her and the way she would pay me back was her letting me use her bank account to pay my credit cards when we broke up she reported it as unauthurized transactions and now she is keeping all that money
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 07th, 2017 at 3:24 PM

"A lot of money" may mean different things to different people.  The "small claims limit" is $10,000, and self-help forms are available on line.  The evidence of practice and procedure (that is, what you were doing and how you did it) is in your favor -- and the probable absence of any written agreement or documentation of the loans is a problem.  Is there any documentation on the transfers indicating their purpose was a loan rather than a gift?  This sort of case is usually best settled, but if you can't get any cooperaiton, you might have to file suit, in small claims, or a regular civil action.  This sort of case does not really fall within the usual "family court" ambit.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums