> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > How do I get to see my grandchild

How do I get to see my grandchild

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 03rd, 2017 on Family Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
have a 1 yr old grandchild that he won't let me see and forbids the mother and her family from allowing me visitation how do I get to see her again I'm in near nj ....he atacked me oct 2016 has o.d.d. /a.d.h.d and adjustment dis order and has attempted suicide
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:41 PM

If both parents do not wish you to see your grandchild then it will be very hard to force visitation. Best hope is if you already have a relationship with your grandchild (i.e. took care of him, he is bonded to you) where you can show a possible harm to the child. But parents have the first priority to decide whether to permit visitation or not.

Answers to any question is not to imply a lawyer-client relationship which can only be after a consultation and the signing of a retainer agreement disclosing what the terms of representation might be.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums