> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > How will I add my mother's maiden name to my marriage license?

How will I add my mother's maiden name to my marriage license?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 30th, 2017 on Family Law - Nevada
More details to this question:
I went to get my drivers license change at the DMV and they suggested to add my maiden name in my marriage license. My husband and I just moved from California. How will I do this? Please help! Thank you. Maria Gill
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Your question is a bit unclear.  If you have a "husband," your marriage "license" is long-since final and submitted.  Perhaps you mean marriage certificate, but if so Nevada cannot do anything about it if you were married in California (you would have to amend it there).  Otherwise, you could file a formal name change application; if you want to read about those, you can look at the forms at the Nevada self-help center website,, or hire counsel.

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums