> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Is there some way to prevent his mother from picking up the child?

Is there some way to prevent his mother from picking up the child?

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 01st, 2017 on Family Law - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
My ex and I had a child when we were 18. We had given up all our rights and have given custody and guardianship over to my mother. Over the last few years, we have been more than cooperative with my ex's family, but every time they do not get what they want, they argue with mom about everything. My mom have been very flexible and accommodating to them. Since they could not be the same with us, we have determine to just keep to court order visitation because of the arguments. I was wondering if there was anyway to prevent my ex's mother from picking up the child, now that he has his own car?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 02nd, 2017 at 5:51 AM

Is there a court order in effect that allows the paternal grandparents third party visitation? If there is, you all must follow the court orders or you could be found in contempt of court. If there is not a court order in place for third party visitation, you do not have to let them see the child at all; if they don't like it, they can file a petition with the court to request third party visitation.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums