Joint legal custody

1 Answers. Asked on May 03rd, 2017 on Family Law - Michigan
More details to this question:
I have Full physical custody and joint legal custody of my son with my ex. My son is 17 y/o and wants to join the National Guard, I signed for him to join however his mother is refusing to co-sign the paperwok, therefore he cant enlist, what are options other than waiting until he's 18.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 08th, 2017 at 5:29 PM

If she won't agree, you will need to get the Court to order it. Perhaps your son on his own could ask his mother and tell her he will petition the Court for permission if she denies it.

David J. Hutchinson 106 N. 4th Ave Ann Arbor, MI 734-930-9000

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums