> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > what to do about relocating to fl if my14 yr old daughters dad wont let her

what to do about relocating to fl if my14 yr old daughters dad wont let her

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 06th, 2017 on Family Law - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
We are moving to Florida in 6 weeks and my 14 yr old daughter's dad doesn't want her to leave.I have a custody order and he has visitation but does not follow it.He sees her once in a while and does not help with appts or meetings etc.She has lived with me her whole life and has lived with her step dad for over 6 yrs.She also lives with her 2 sisters,1 brother and step bother and sister which she is very close to.The reasons for us relocating are I have fibromyalgia and the cold weather in pa has me in alot of pain,we also have better jobs set up there and have some friends and family there.Also my daughter has been in alot of trouble in school and poor grades and the school won't help her to get an iep that she needs.We also live in a bad area.I would like to move to florida and get a lawyer once I get down there because I have someone renting my house in pa.So can I do that without a big problem?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 09th, 2017 at 7:53 AM

dad can try and stop you from moving with your daughter.  he can ask the court to schedule a relocation hearing and then it would be up to the court to decide whether your daughter can go  with you to florida.  you should talk to a family law laywer in the PA county where you live BEFORE you move.  

Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

104 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums