Child Support

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Child Support Case From a Local Attorney

Termination of Child Support: What You Need to Know
When and for which reasons does child support end? ... READ MORE

Pay Child Support or Lose Your Tax Refund
Every year, millions of people file their taxes, hoping to receive a large refund. Most people already have plans for the money they are expecting, but what happens if your overdue child support payment interferes with your refund? ... READ MORE

How Does Emancipation Affect Child Support?
When does emancipation of a child occur, and what impact does it have on child support? ... READ MORE

Pay Child Support or Have Your Passport Revoked
International travel can be a dream for many people, but what happens if you can't move forward with your plans because of unpaid child support? ... READ MORE

Pay Child Support or Face Wage Garnishments
Learn more about what can happen when a parent fails to pay child support. ... READ MORE

Pay Child Support or Face Contempt of Court
Regardless of your reasons, if you fail to pay your court-ordered child support, a judge may find you in contempt. Learn more about your options if you can't pay child support. ... READ MORE

Child Support Enforcement: Collecting Arrears
When noncustodial parents fail to pay child support, many single parents struggle to meet their children's daily needs. Fortunately, there are procedures in place to help parents collect what's due. ... READ MORE

Child Support Enforcement: Failure to Pay
The law entitles children to be financially supported by both parents, but if one parent fails to pay court-ordered child support, there are a variety of enforcement options that a court can use to collect the money. ... READ MORE

Child Support: What Is a Vocational Evaluation?
If your spouse is not being entirely truthful with regard to earning ability, it may be time for a vocational evaluation. ... READ MORE

Tips on Using Local Child Support Agencies
Sometimes contacting a caseworker for your child support case can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Most parents don't realize the tools and resources that are available at their fingertips. ... READ MORE


Get a Free Evaluation For Your Child Support Case From a Local Attorney

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Child Support Questions

Filter by

I believe you may have to file a motion because SSDI's requirements are based upon federal standards of 18 years of age, therefore, they have to be made aware of NJ's extension of benefits to age 19. ...Read more

if the other parent has primary placement, defined as 75% of the time counted as overnights, the non-custodial parent under Wisconsin law is required to pay 25% of their gross monthly income if there ...Read more

Not nearly enough facts for a coherent answer.  The kids should not be "on the lease," but perhaps the meaning of your statement is unclear.  If the reality of custody/visitation does not ma ...Read more

See more Child Support Questions

Can We Share An Attorney When Divorcing?

Do you know why divorces are so expensive? Because they’re worth it. All joking aside, getting divorced can be expensive, especially if both parties hire attorneys. The high cost of divorce has ... Read more

2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines Include Sweeping Changes

After months of secret meetings and closed-door discussions, the 2017 Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines are now seeing the light of day with an effective date less than two months away. We cover ... Read more

Child Support

Minnesota couples who are ending their marriage and who have young children have a number of options when it comes to making a decision about child support. While child support may be decided by a jud ... Read more

Can I get sued for child support if he is already 12 years old?

Q: An ex-girlfriend told me that I was her child’s father after almost 13 years later. She had her previous boyfriend paying child support for all those years, and I guess they’re separate ... Read more

Recent changes in emancipation of minors in NJ and child support

Emancipation of Minors under NJSA 2A:17-56.67 New Jersey has recently changed its conditions for emancipation of a minor to make it less of a matter of discretion for the deciding judge when deciding ... Read more

See more  (120 Blogs on Child Support)

Get Professional Help

Find a Child Support lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys

Talk to a Divorce attorney.

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you